- 300g (3 cups) almond meal
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder or ½ teaspoon bicarb soda (baking soda)
- 4 organic or free-range eggs
- 60ml (¼ cup), cold-pressed coconut or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Few drops of stevia (if needed)
- 1 red apple, chopped into small chunks with the skin left on
- 200g of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Combine the almond meal and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, oil, cinnamon and stevia to form a batter.
- Fold in the apple and blueberries to the batter.
- Divide into paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through and golden.
Makes 12 large muffins
Notes: You can store the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. On colder days heat the muffin for a warm treat. If you do not want the muffin for breakfast simply have it as a snack for the day.