Easy 30 Minute Chicken Curry
5th May, 2020
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 250 ml of hot water
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped or minced)
- 4 cm ginger root (chopped)
- 2 tsp of oil (preferably peanut oil)
- 1 Birdseye chilli or 1 long red chilli, sliced.
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala
- 150 g of sweet potato (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 200 g of potato (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 500 g chicken breast (cubed into 3 cm chunks)
- Fresh coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Blitz onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor or mortar and pestle with 1 tablespoon of water until smooth.
- Heat oil, add fry cumin seeds and fry for 5 seconds. Add the onion, ginger and garlic paste and cook over medium heat until it begins to brown. (add a little water if needed)
- Add the chilli, turmeric and tomato. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and 250mL hot water. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Add garam masala and chicken, simmer for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add coriander to garnish and serve.