31st May, 2020
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup sliced pumpkin or carrot
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1½ cups cooked kidney beans
- 2 tsp salt-free seasoning
- 12 cups cold water or Massel vegetable stock
- 100gm wholemeal macaroni
- ½ cup chopped parsley or chives for garnish
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1½ tbsp dried basil
- ½ tsp salt-free vegetable seasoning
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- -2 tbsp pine nuts
- Dice the potatoes and chop the rest of the vegetables.
- Heat saucepan, add half the oil and the vegetables, beans, seasoning and water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Alternatively, pressure cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Add the macaroni and cook till tender (about 10 minutes). Stir in sauce, remaining oil and serve with garnish.