Alicia's Coconut Date Rolls
21st January, 2021
Alicia's Coconut date rolls are the perfect snack to have during the Caruso's Quick Cleanse Detox Program. It’s the perfect way to keep your taste buds interested, while also staying focused on your diet.
Download printable recipe card HERE
Why you're going to love this snack
Let's face it, we all need a delicious, quick and yummy snack to have on the go especially when doing a 7 or 15 day detox program. Sundried fruits such as dates are a great alternative option to satisfy sweet cravings. Other ravings about this recipe:
- Vegan friendly
- Easy to make (only 4 ingredients)
- High in fibre
- Easy to add to diet
Health Benefits of Dates
Dates are actually a nutritious fruit that has numerous health benefits – more than you might realise! Here are some of their top health benefits:
- Support digestive health
- Promote skin health
- High in antioxidants
- Excellent natural sweetener
- 200g of fresh dates
- 100g raw and unsalted nuts (cashews, walnuts, pecans, almonds), chopped
- 125g shredded (or desiccated) coconut
- 40mL of warm water
- Pit the dates. Chop into small pieces. Place in bowl and add approximately 40mL of warm water. Mash until soft.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the nuts briefly so they are small and not too fine.
- Combine the dates and nuts into a rough dough.
- Roll the date/nut mix into logs or balls.
- Spread coconut on a plate and roll the date/nut balls around until they are all coated.
- Place in fridge for a few hours until they are firm.
- Keep in fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.