Domenic's Mango Black Bean Tacos
11th January, 2021
Light, healthy and just the right amount of sweet and savoury, these tacos are made with the freshest ingredients.
Download printable recipe card HERE
Why Mango & Black Beans
Finding variety and new inspiration in cooking can sometimes be a challenge especially when on a vegan diet or if you're just wanting to reduce your meat consumption. With mangoes being high in fibre and black beans being a good source of protein- it's a perfect nutritious combination to have on a hot summers day.
Health Benefits of Black Beans
Black beans have a satisfying texture and mild sweet flavour. Black beans have have been cultivated and eaten for centuries. The Mayans and Native Americans of Central and South America called them “huni” or “honi” beans and served them as a staple food. Along with rice, black beans were consumed at nearly every meal.
Black beans rank amongst one of the highest in protein content in the plant-based world often regarded as a great alternative to meat and dairy. Here are a few more health benefits to having these little black gems:
- Supports healthy digestion
- Great source of vitamin C
- Great source of antioxidants
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 1-2 tsp mango chutney
- pink himalayan salt
- vegan mayonnaise (available from supermarkets)
- 4-6 tortillas (corn tortillas can be used for a gluten free option)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mango, onion, avocado, black beans, coriander, and mango chutney.
- Squeeze lime juice over mix and add a pinch of salt to season. Adjust to taste.
- Char or warm your tortillas, and fill with the mango and black bean mix.
- Drizzle with vegan mayonnaise and serve.