Mushroom, pumpkin & chickpea salad
9th February, 2017
- 100ml Extra Virgin Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Honey
- 200g Portabello mushrooms
- 200g Button mushrooms
- 1 large Butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2.0cm pieces
- 400g Can of chickpeas, rinsed & well drained
- 100g Green beans, trimmed
- 100g Baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 240°C or 220°C fan forced. Whisk 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice and honey in a mixing bowl, season to taste. Add mushrooms and stir. Marinate in the fridge for one hour.
- Line two roasting pans with baking paper. Arrange Butternut Pumpkin in one pan, drizzle with 1/2 the remaining oil, season to taste. Cook for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine remaining oil with chickpeas and stir. Spoon mixture into second roasting pan. Place pan in the oven on the shelf under Butternut Pumpkin and cook a further 15 minutes or until Butternut Pumpkin is golden. Cool to room temperature.
- Blanch beans in a saucepan of boiling water. Drain and rinse in cold water. Pat dry and cut into 4cm lengths.
- Spoon the marinated mushrooms onto a large platter. Add Butternut Pumpkin, chickpeas, beans and spinach.
- Toss gently to combine and serve.