Recipe: Summer Energy Salad
28th June, 2016
- 4 handfuls mixed leafy greens (cos, butter lettuce, iceberg, rocket, spinach, micro greens etc)
- 1 avocado, quartered
- 1 Sliced Pear
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons of the jewels from 1 pomegranate
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seed (linseed) or LSA
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 4 tablespoons cold pressed olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or lemon juice
- Arrange the salad leaves into serving bowls.
- Add the pears, avocado quarters and sprinkle over the seeds, flaxseed, walnuts and pomegranate.
- Combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over the top of the salad before serving.
Notes: Enhance digestion by using dressing of lemon juice, minced ginger and papaya. For extra protein serve with steamed white fish or organic egg.