Sugar Detox Recipe: Tuna Tabouli Salad
11th October, 2016
- 150g continental parsley (flat leaf parsley) (This is about 1 bunch), finely chopped.
- 1 handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium spanish onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 large ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 1-2 lemons (Freshly squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fine burghul (cracked wheat)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 125g of tuna in springwater
- Wash the chopped herbs and drain well before chopping.
- Gather the parsley in a tight wad in your hand and finely shred the leaves with a very sharp knife, almost in a shaving action. Do the same with the mint.
- Juice the lemons and pour over the burghul and set aside to soften for 10 minutes.
- Combine the parsley and mint, softened burghul, tomato and spring onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add olive oil and mix.
- Add the can of tuna to the portioned size amount of tabouli. Mix well.
Serves 4: Share with friends and family or portion out for other days.
Notes: For great tasting tabouli refrigerate well before consumption. More lemon/salt/pepper can be added to desired taste.