Sugar Detox Recipe: Veggie Bruschetta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices rye bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons of a full cream white cheese of your choice
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, leaves to garnish
- Oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place asparagus and cherry tomatoes, cut-side up, on prepared tray and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 8 minutes or until asparagus is just tender.
- Toast bread and spread with cheese. Top with asparagus and tomatoes. Serve sprinkled with basil.
Notes: You can use mushrooms instead of cheese.